Areas of Expertise
- Expert witness in respect to the Timbercorp Almonds matter, involving water valuations of hundreds of millions of dollars (SCI 2009 – 10699)
- Recent valuation of 25 Gl of unregulated flows in Victoria for the Department of Treasury & Finance
- Irrigated holdings – dairy, horticulture, and cropping, in New South Wales and Victoria over 30 years, for a wide range of clients and purposes
Qualified since 1991, David trained with the Victorian Valuer General, and has practiced in northern Victoria for over 30 years. He was instrumental in the inception, design and delivery of the API Specialist Water Valuer Accreditation. He has addressed several national and international conferences in relation to interpretation of water markets.
An agriculture supply-chain valuation specialist, David has particular expertise in relation to irrigation properties including dairies, orchards, vineyards, and intensive animal enterprises. He has valued major cool storage complexes, fruit packing and grading developments, glasshouses and multiple specialised going concern enterprises. He is an experienced expert witness, having given evidence in major litigation matters, in several jurisdictions, including the Victorian Supreme Court.
David has a deep understanding of rural economies and the water sector. He currently serves as a Director of Goulburn Murray Water, and has served several terms as Chair of North East Water, and as a Director of Goulburn Valley Water. He is co-Chair of the influential Water Policy think tank the GMID Water Leadership Forum and served on several State & Federal government regional development and water taskforces, panels and committees.
- B. Bus (Property) - RMIT University
- Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute (API Member No. 62435)
- Accredited Specialist Water Valuer
- Accredited Specialist Retail Valuer
- Certified Practising Valuer
- Award for Meritorious Service to the Australian Property Institute, 2015